Yes, that’s right. In this post I am going to show you a simple tip to join video of various formats like Mpeg, dat, mpg.. If you have questions like
1. How to join various video files into one?
2. Join two video files?
3. How to Join videos taken from mobile phone?
Then, the best method to follow is shown below. You can join your video files using just the windows Command Prompt. No need of any video joining software’s.
Step 1: For example if you have 3 videos in your hardrive root drive: video1.mpg, video2.mpg and video3.mpg just rename them to a, b, and c (just the letter withoug the file extension).
ren video1.mpg a
ren video2.mpg b
ren video3.mpg c
Step 2: Open Command Prompt. Start–>Run–>type “cmd”.
Step 3: Type the location of the drive like d: or C:
Step 4: Type: Copy /b a + b + c videoname.mpg
and click enter
Step 5: Now wait till you see: 1 files<s> copied.
And type exit and press enter. Thats it.You are done!
Note: If you want to join two files then those files must have the same extension.
Alternative Method to Join multiple video files using freeware software:
What is Easy Video Joiner?
Easy Video Joiner can help you join multiple AVI, MPEG (MPG), RM (Real Media) or WMV/ASF (Window Media) files into one large movie file. You can add an unlimited number of video files as you like to the list and easily rearrange their order if needed. With just a few mouse clicks, you can enjoy your movie clips without interruption.
1. Can join AVI files(*.avi, *.wav), MPEG-4 and DivX are supported;
2. Can join MPEG files(*.mpeg, *.mpg, *.m2p, *.m1v, *.m2v, *.mp3, *.mpga), MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 are supported;
3. Can join Real Media files(*.rm, *.ram);
4. Can join Windows Media files(*.wmv, *.asf, *.wma);
5. Not only join video files, but also join most audio files with popular format(*.mp3, *.mpga, *.rm, *.wma, *.wav);
6. Very easy to use and very fast to work.
You can even use HJSplit software to join video files or any other files like mp3 too.
Description of HJSplit
HJSplit is a popular set of freeware file-splitting programs created by Freebyte.com in collaboration with various programmers. HJSplit supports many platforms. All versions are compatible with each other and allow you to exchange files between these different platforms. E.g. a file split on the Amiga can be joined on Windows 2000 and vice versa.